Garden Clubs of Idaho, Inc. will offer one $1000.00 scholarship for the 2022-2023 academic year. This will be given to a full-time student in the junior or senior year of college or in graduate school pursuing a Master’s Degree. Sophomore students may make application for their junior year. No doctoral students may apply.
Guidelines for Scholarship Applicants
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen and a permanent legal resident of Idaho.
- Applicant may attend an Idaho College or University.
- Applicant must major in Horticulture, Floriculture, Landscape Design, Conservation, Forestry, Botany, Agronomy, Plant Pathology, Environmental Control, City Planning, Land Management, Alternative Energy, or related subjects and must be planning a career in such areas.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.25 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in order to apply. Complete official academic transcripts (including the Fall 2021 semester) from all colleges and universities attended must be included. Undergraduate students must have at least 12 graded hours of classes per semester; 9 hours for graduate students. Graduate students must submit official transcripts for all Undergraduate and Graduate work.
- All the information requested on the application, including the name and address of the college or university financial aid officer who will distribute the scholarship grant for tuition, books, or other school related expenses must be provided. All personal information will be held confidential.
- Typed or computer generated applications are preferred.
All supporting documents must be sent in the Completed Applications Packet and include:
- Completed Application Packets must be postmarked by February 1, 2022 and sent to: GCII Scholarship Chair, LeeAnn McMaster, 1209 Airway Ave., Lewiston, ID 83501.
- The scholarship winner will be notified by April 1, 2022.
- If the scholarship recipient changes to a major outside of those listed in 3 (above), withdraws from school for any reason, or transfers to another college or university, the balance of the scholarship grant funds must be returned to the Garden Clubs of Idaho, Inc. State Treasurer.
Instructions and Selection Criteria
- Typed or computer-generated forms are preferred (front side only, NO staples).
- APPLICATION FORM
Complete ALL fields. Requires student signature.
- FINANCIAL AID FORM (20%)
Complete ALL fields. Signatures of Financial Aid Officer and student are required.
- ACADEMIC RECORD (40%)
Complete official transcripts from all schools attended are required, including Fall 2019. Emphasis is placed on the strength of courses related to student’s major in horticulture or allied field.
- LETTER FROM APPLICANT (25%) Limit 1 page
Include background, goals, personal commitment to chosen career and financial need.
- LISTING OF HONORS, EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND RECOGNITIONS (10%) Limit 2 pages, one side only.
Include for the last 3 years only. This information should be supplied on a separate sheet of paper and not listed wthin the body of applicant’s letter.
- RECOMMENDATIONS – 3 letters required (5%) 1 page each
Three letters of recommendation required, considering scholastic ability, character and work-related experiences.
- APPLICATION FORM
All the above supportive documents must be included in a Completed Applications Packet and postmarked by February 1, 2022 and sent to GCII Scholarship Chair: LeeAnn McMaster, 1209 Airway Ave., Lewiston, ID 83501